0 hours 15 mins
0 hours 45 mins
1 hours 0 mins
1¾ Cups all-purpose flour
1Tbsp. plus 2 teaspoons baking powder
2½ Tsp. sugar
¼ Tsp. salt
3 Tbsp. vegetable shortening, at room temperature
4 Tbsp. cold unsalted butter, cut into ½-inch pieces
1 Cup Sharp cheddar cheese, grated
¾ Cup whole milk
FOR THE GARLIC BUTTER
3 Tbsp. salted butter
2 clove garlic, smashed and finely chopped
1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
1. Preheat the over to 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and put to the side.
2. Add the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a food processor and pulse until just mixed. Add the vegetable shortening and pulse again until combined. Then add the butter and pulse until the mixture is like little peas.
3. Add the cheese and pulse again. Then add the milk and pulse until the mixture is all combined and it starts to come together as a loose dough. Dump the mixture on to the kitchen counter and knead until the dough comes together (about 1-2 minutes). Don’t overwork the dough or the biscuits get tough.
4. Drop the dough using a quarter cup scoop onto the sprayed baking sheet. Leave about two inches in between each biscuit. Bake until golden brown (about 15 – 20 minutes).
5. In a small dish, add the butter and garlic and put in the microwave for 30 – 60 seconds until the butter is melted and hot. Stir in the chives.
6. Brush the cooked biscuits with the garlic butter and enjoy!