0 hours 20 mins
0 hours 10 mins
0 hours 30 mins
1 Lb. peeled and deveined shrimp (around 25-30 size)
2 Tbsp. Taco Seasoning (pick any of your favorite prepackaged brands)
8 White Corn Tortillas
2 Limes cut into wedges
Chipotle Cream (recipe below)
Taco Slaw (recipe below)
½ cup of fat free Greek yogurt (I use Fage)
1-2 Tbsp. of Chipotle liquid from a can of Chipotles (use as much or as little as your taste buds can handle. If you like your food really hot, add one of the Chipotle peppers – chopped)
Juice of the lime
Salt and Pepper to taste
(ALTERNATIVE: Mix 2-3 Tbsp. of fresh salsa and the juice of one lime into the yogurt. Zest the lime on top to serve)
1 16 Oz. bag of pre-shredded coleslaw mix
1 Granny Smith Apple (cut into matchsticks)
3 Green onions (sliced)
1 Tbsp. chia seeds
1 Tsp. salt
¼ Tsp. pepper
½ cup of Rice Wine Vinegar
¼ cup of Lakanto Sugar substitute (monk fruit)
1. Make the taco slaw
2. Make the Chipotle Cream
3. Season the shrimp with the taco seasoning. Sautee in a skillet sprayed with Pam. Cook until shrimp are cooked through. (About 5 minutes)
4. Heat your tortillas in another pan or on a grill to warm through.
Mix everything together and serve. (Do the same if using the salsa version)
1. Mix all the veggies and apple, along with the chia seeds, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
2. Mix the Lakanto into the vinegar. Stir until it dissolves.
3. Pour into bowl and mix. Chill for at least ½ hour.
NOTE: I serve two tacos per person and often serve a ½ cup of Mexican Salad on the side.
This makes a really healthy dinner. You can easily double or triple this recipe and I often do in the summer when I’m manning the grill. Try Grilling your shrimp and tacos – fabulous!