0 hours 15 mins
0 hours 25 mins
0 hours 40 mins
16 Large shrimp, peeled, deveined and tail removed
1 Tbsp. taco seasoning
1 Avocado, pitted and sliced into thin slices
1 Cup coleslaw mix
2 Tbsp. Rice wine vinegar
¼ Cup Ranchero Sauce (see notes below)
½ Tsp. kosher salt
Freshly ground pepper
1 Lime, cut into quarters
1. Make your Ranchero Sauce. Get the recipe here: Ranchero Sauce
2. Mix the coleslaw mix with the rice wine vinegar and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Put to the side.
3. Heat two large skillets sprayed with cooking spray. In one, add the shrimp, taco seasoning and a sprinkle of salt and a few grinds of fresh black pepper. Cook the shrimp until cooked through (about 5 minutes total). Flip the shrimp at about 3 minutes.
4. In the second skillet, add four tortillas at a time and cook about two minutes on each side to get warm and crisp up slightly. Cook two batches.
5. Assemble your mini tacos. On each tortilla, add a couple of slices of the sliced avocado, top with two shrimp and top with a heaping tablespoon of the coleslaw. Drizzle on the ranchero sauce. Serve on a platter with lime wedges. Enjoy.
NOTE: This is such an easy and delicious use of that fabulous Ranchero Sauce. I had made a batch of the sauce for my Sunday Brunch of Huevos Rancheros. When I was left with a couple of cups of the sauce, I went to work on coming up with ways to use it and this was a result. Once the sauce is made and in the fridge, it will become one of your favorite condiments and/or sauces. If you make the sauce ahead of time, this recipe takes about 10 minutes to pull together.
I used these really cute slider sized tortillas I found in the supermarket and then served these as an appetizer but they would also be great as a lunch. I serve four per person and that was really satisfying. Use any taco seasoning you like (I always have a package in my spice draw for fast, tasty meals.)
Whip up that sauce and let your imagination go wild. Check out my Ranchero Burgers too. WOW, mixing chorizo with ground turkey is a winner on it’s own but adding this sauce put it over the top! Enjoy.