0 hours 5 mins
0 hours 15 mins
1 Sheet of puff pastry from a store bought box
8 Oz. Light Cream Cheese (Neufchatel)
3 Tbsp. Swerve Confectioner’s sugar
½ Tsp. vanilla extract
3 Tbsp. Sugar Free Raspberry Jam
1. Let your puff pastry defrost in the refrigerator overnight.
2. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
3. Unfold your pastry and roll out the pastry slightly to be sure all the folds and seams are connected and you have as close to a square as possible. Cut into four even squares.
4. Fold the corners of the pastry in about ½ inch. (This will create a pretty border).
5. In a small mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese, vanilla and sugar until light and fluffy. Swirl in the jam leaving streaks of color throughout.
7. Beat your egg in a small dish and using a pastry brush, brush the outsides of the pastry so they get golden brown when baked.
8. Bake for about 15 minutes until the pastry is puffed and golden brown. Shake some confectioner’s sugar on top and Enjoy.
NOTE: This is such an easy and delicious addition to your brunch table. The store bought puff pastry does all the work and you get all the credit. As always, you can use real sugar and full fat cream cheese. I just use substitutions when I can to keep the calories and points in check. My WW friends understand that!
Use any jam you like but I’ve used my sugar free Raspberry Jam to get all the goodness of the fresh fruit without any of the sugar. I’ve also made this using different flavors of jam (Think peach, strawberry and apricot.). I’ve also just left this as a plain cheese Danish and I’ve added fresh fruit like crushed pineapple and it always comes out great.
This makes a great dessert too but it is usually found on my brunch table. Danish, breakfast and brunch all see to go together. Enjoy!