0 hours 10 mins
0 hours 20 mins
0 hours 30 mins
My Curated Tastes is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
8 Ole Extreme Wellness Tortillas
2 Cups of cooked, shredded chicken breast
2 Cups of Shredded Cheddar cheese
½ sliced yellow onion
½ Tsp. chili powder
½ Tsp. onion powder
½ Tsp. garlic powder
½ Tsp. ground cumin
1 Tsp. kosher salt
½ Tsp. fresh ground black pepper
1. Mix all the seasonings in a small bowl and put to the side.
2. Saute the sliced onion in a pan sprayed with cooking spray until the onions are soft and wilted. Add to a bowl with the room temperature shredded chicken. Add all the seasonings and toss to coat.
3. Place one tortilla in a large non-stick skillet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Have on the stove over medium high heat. On one half of the tortilla, spring 1/8 cup of cheese and top with ¼ cup of chicken/onion mixture and then another 1/8 cup of cheese.
4. Fold the empty side of the tortilla over the mixture creating a half moon. Press down with a spatula and heat for 3-5 minutes until the tortilla is lightly browned. Carefully, flip the tortilla over to brown the other side and continue to melt the cheese and heat the chicken mixture through.
5. If you are making these individually you can put them on a lined baking sheet and put into a 200-degree oven to keep them warm while making the other quesadillas.
NOTE: Fat free Greek yogurt is an excellent substitute for sour cream and saves you a ton of calories with no saturated fat. You can also use low fat cheese to reduce calories and saturated fat further but I like my cheese and since the rest of the preparation is so lean, I usually use real cheese in all it’s glory! I recommend FAGE yogurt and the Ole Extreme Wellness, High Fiber Tortillas that are low in calories, high in fiber and have no sugar or hydrogenated oils added. If you are a weight watcher, they are only one point so they are a deal!