0 hours 10 mins
0 hours 20 mins
0 hours 30 mins
8 Ole Extreme Wellness Tortillas
2 Cups of cooked, shredded chicken breast
2 Cups of Shredded Cheddar cheese
½ sliced yellow onion
½ Tsp. chili powder
½ Tsp. onion powder
½ Tsp. garlic powder
½ Tsp. ground cumin
1 Tsp. kosher sale
½ Tsp. fresh ground black pepper
Pam Cooking Spray
1. Mix all the seasonings in a small bowl and put to the side.
2. Sautee the sliced onion in a pan sprayed with Pam Cooking spray until the onions are soft and wilted. Add to a bowl with the room temperature shredded chicken.
3. Place one tortilla in a dry pan on the stove. On one half of the tortilla, spring 1/8 cup of cheese and top with ¼ cup of chicken/onion mixture and then another 1/8 cup of cheese.
4. Fold the empty side of the tortilla over the mixture creating a half moon. Press down with a spatula and heat for 3-5 minutes until the tortilla is lightly browned. Carefully, flip the tortilla over to brown the other side and continue to melt the cheese and heat the chicken mixture through.
5. If you are making these individually you can put them on a lined baking sheet and put into a 200-degree oven to keep them warm while making the other quesadillas.
NOTE: Fat free Greek yogurt is an excellent substitute for sour cream and saves you a ton of calories with no saturated fat. You can also use low fat cheese to reduce calories and saturated fat further but I like my cheese and since the rest of the preparation is so lean, I usually use real cheese in all it’s glory! I recommend FAGE yogurt and the Ole Extreme Wellness, High Fiber Tortillas that are low in calories, high in fiber and have no sugar or hydrogenated oils added. If you are a weight watcher, they are only one point so they are a deal!