Baked Maple-Bacon Chicken Wings & Drumsticks
by Diane | Feb 4, 2021 | Starter |
My Curated Tastes is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
6 slices bacon (cut into 1/2-inch pieces)
4 cloves garlic (minced)
½ cup ketchup
½ cup maple syrup
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 pounds chicken wings or drumsticks
2 Tsps. Baking powder
2 Tsps. Salt
1 Tsp. fresh cracked pepper
1. Rinse the chicken wings (or other chicken parts you like) and pat them dry with paper towel. Generously season the chicken with salt and black pepper. Toss the wings with the Baking Powder in a bow.
2. Place wings on a rack set on top of a baking sheet and put in the refrigerator uncovered overnight. This will dry out the skin and make the wings crispy without frying them.
1. Heat a saucepan over medium heat and cook the bacon until nearly crisp. Add the garlic and cook until the garlic is lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain off all but a tablespoon of the bacon fat.
2. Whisk in the ketchup, maple syrup, applesauce, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar and brown sugar. Reduce heat to low and simmer the sauce for about 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Set aside.
1. Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and let come to room temperature (20 minutes). Bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes on 400% until cooked through and crispy.
2. Toss chicken wings with maple-bacon sauce and serve warm.