0 hours 30 mins
0 hours 20 mins
0 hours 50 mins
1 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 Tsp. baking powder
1/4 Tsp. salt
2 Lg. eggs, at room temperature
2/3 Cup sugar
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
2 Tsps. Pure vanilla extract or paste
1/2 Cup milk
1 Cup Pistachio Whipped Cream
4 – 6 Tbsp. Raspberry Jam
1/4 Cup pistachios, chopped
12 Fresh raspberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and position a rack in the middle of the oven. Line one 12-cup standard muffin tin with cupcake liners.
2. Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl.
3. In another medium bowl, beat the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until light and frothy, about 2 minutes. While beating, gradually pour in the melted butter and then the vanilla.
4. While mixing slowly, add half of the flour mixture. Then add all the milk, followed by the remaining flour mixture. Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups.
5. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcakes comes out clean. Bake about 18 to 20 minutes and rotating the pan once. Cool the cupcakes in the tin on a rack for 10 minutes, then remove from the tin and cool on the rack completely – another 10 minutes.
6. Place the raspberry jam into a piping bag. Insert the plain tip into the center of the cupcake and gently push in. Squeeze the bag until the cupcake feels full (about 1 teaspoon per cupcake… more if you like!).
7. Prepare the pistachio whipped cream per instructions on recipe. Dollop big tablespoons of the cream on top of each cupcake. Sprinkle with the chopped pistachios and top with one perfect raspberry. Dig in!
NOTES: The raspberry-pistachio flavor combination is a classic and it gets a great update in this recipe. I recently discovered pistachio powder (Where has this been all my life?) This finely ground pistachio flavored powder is terrific in all kinds of things but whipped cream was the first place I tried it. Oh boy, it is a winner. Once you make a batch of this, I have no doubt you’ll be using it for all kinds of things. There was a big dollop on my coffee this morning… yummo. If you fall in love with it like I did, be sure to try my Chocolate Dipped Pistachio Macaroons. This is a cookie like no other!
I turned this basic vanilla cupcake recipe into something special by filling it with a high quality, raspberry jam and then topping the cupcake with my pistachio whipped cream, some chopped nuts and one perfect raspberry. So beautiful to look at and even better to eat. Give this one a try.
If you like cupcakes, try my everyday Chocolate frosted cupcakes
If pistachios make you happy, be sure to try my Pistachio Ice Cream recipe and my Cannoli Dip topped with Chopped Pistachios. Both are fabulous dessert ideas. Better yet, sign up for my newsletters and I’ll have recipes sent right to your inbox.