0 hours 5 mins
0 hours 50 mins
0 hours 55 mins
My Curated Tastes is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
4 Skin on, bone-in chicken thighs
1/2 Cup Sweet & Spicy Plum Hoisin Sauce (get recipe here)
1 Tbsp. Chinese five spice
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 Green onions, chopped
1 Tbsp. Toasted sesame seeds
2 Fresh plums, halved and pitted
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with tin foil and spray with cooking spray.
2. Prepare your chicken thighs by drying them with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and the Chinese five spice. Put in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, you’ll want to preparel the fresh, plum halves by either slicing them and serving them fresh on the side or grilling them on a grill pan or outdoor grill for a couple of minutes until you can see grill marks.
4. At the 30 minute mark, spoon a couple of tablespoons of the sauce over each chicken thighs and continue cooking 10 minutes until completely cooked through.
5. Serve the chicken thighs on a platter sprinkled with the sesame seeds and green onion. Serve the fresh or grilled plums on the side. Enjoy.
NOTE: OMG, this is one tasty dish! First, I just love dark poultry meat. Always have… there is just so much more flavor in those thighs than in the breast. Second, you bake this with a thick, sticky, sweet, spicy and slightly salty glaze. Need I say more? I serve this with brown rice and simply steamed veggies like broccoli, carrots, zucchini or snow peas.
Since you can make this sauce days in advance this is actually a great meal for midweek. Easy to pull together, you can have this on the table in under an hour.
Be sure to check out some of my other chicken dinner recipes.