14 hours 30 mins
0 hours 0 mins
14 hours 30 mins
My Curated Tastes is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
3 Bananas, cut into 8-10 slices per banana
¼ Cup light coconut milk, plus more to create the right consistency
1 Tsp. Pure Vanilla extract
1 Tbsp. Coconut oil
½ Cup chopped salted mixed nuts (pecans, cashews, walnuts, almonds, macadamias, etc. Your choice.)
1. Place the cut bananas in a large plastic bag and freeze for at least 6 hours.
2. Place ¼ cup of coconut milk and the frozen bananas in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. (You will have to scrape down the sides of the blender or processor bowl several times during mixing to ensure it is all well blended. Add a tablespoon of coconut milk at a time, as needed, to create a nice smooth consistency. It will be thick and creamy when ready.)
3. Pour and scrape into an 8 by 8 inch baking pan that has been lined with parchment paper (to make it easy to remove). Freeze overnight.
4. Melt the dark chocolate and the coconut oil in a large bowl or measuring cup in the microwave for 25 seconds. Stir and heat for another 25 seconds. Stir and continue this until all the chocolate is melted and it is smooth and shiny. Let this mixture cool.
5. Remove the bananas from the freezer and cut them into squares. (five rows by 6 rows)
6. Put the chopped nuts on a plate.
7. Using a fork dip the banana squares in the chocolate to cover completely and then dip just one side in the nuts OR sprinkle the nuts on top. Put on a rack sprayed with cooking spray set over a parchment lined baking sheet to set OR just place on a parchment lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
8. Once done with all your banana squares, put in the freezer to freeze (a couple of hours). Let the bites sit and thaw for about 5 minutes before serving. Then eat as desired.
NOTES: My Nutty Chocolate Banana Bites are something you can keep stashed in the freezer so when the mood strikes, you have something cold, sweet and creamy with a little crunch waiting for you. You will start making these the day before enjoying them. The perfect, healthier choice for your sweet tooth – fruit, dark chocolate and nuts all in one delicious bite. Once frozen, you can store these in a large plastic baggie in the freezer or in a plastic container to enjoy as desired.
When making these, you can use any nut you like. If you can’t eat nuts, leave them plain or add sprinkles for a festive vibe. When it comes to the chocolate, you choices are endless. You can use dark, bittersweet, semi-sweet or milk chocolate for this treat. I used Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate wafers since I usually have them on hand. Feel free to experiment and use the nut and chocolate combo you prefer.
When making these, you’ll want that rack set over the baking sheet, ready to go. I use two forks to help with the dipping part and immediately place them on that rack. The chocolate will get solid pretty fast when it hits the cold banana mix, so work quickly when sprinkling with the nuts so they stick.
Once they are frozen in the freezer, feel free to bag these or put them in a plastic container so they are ready when you are. If you like this frozen treat, be sure to try some of my other recipes.