14 hours 30 mins
0 hours 0 mins
14 hours 30 mins
My Curated Tastes is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
3 Bananas, cut into 8-10 slices per banana
¼ Cup light coconut milk, plus more to create the right consistency
1 Tsp. Vanilla
10 Oz. dark chocolate, melted
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
½ Cup chopped salted mixed nuts (pecans, cashews, walnuts, almonds, macadamias, etc. Your choice.)
1. Place the cut bananas in a large plastic bag and freeze for at least 6 hours.
2. Place ¼ cup of coconut milk and the frozen bananas in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. (You will have to scrape down the sides of the blender or processor bowl several times during mixing to ensure it is all well blended. Add a tablespoon of coconut milk at a time, as needed, to create a nice smooth consistency. It will be thick and creamy when ready.)
3. Pour and scrape into an 8 by 8 inch baking pan that has been lined with parchment paper (to make it easy to remove). Freeze overnight.
4. Melt the dark chocolate and the coconut oil in a large bowl or measuring cup in the microwave for 25 seconds. Stir and heat for another 25 seconds. Stir and continue this until all the chocolate is melted and it is smooth and shiny. Let this mixture cool.
5. Remove the bananas from the freezer and cut them into squares. (five rows by 6 rows)
6. Put the chopped nuts on a plate.
7. Using a fork dip the banana squares in the chocolate to cover completely and then dip just one side in the nuts OR sprinkle the nuts on top. Put on a rack sprayed with cooking spray set over a parchment lined baking sheet to set OR just place on a parchment lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
8. Once done with all your banana squares, put in the freezer to freeze (a couple of hours). Let the bites sit and thaw for about 5 minutes before serving. Then eat as desired.
NOTE: NOTES: You will start these the day before enjoying but it is great to have them waiting in the freezer for unexpected guests. The perfect, healthier choice for your sweet tooth – fruit, dark chocolate and nuts all in a delicious bite. Once frozen, you can store these in a large plastic baggie in the freezer or in a plastic container to enjoy as desired. You can use any nuts you like or have on hand. If you can’t eat nuts, leave them plan or add sprinkles for a festive vibe. I use Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate wafters which come in 10 Oz. packages. You can purchase these at Amazon.com.