10 (2-3 a piece) servings
0 hours 10 mins
0 hours 30 mins
0 hours 40 mins
1/2 Cup Panko breadcrumbs
1/2 Cup Dry Italian Breadcrumbs
1/4 Grated Parmesan cheese
1 14 Oz. Can quartered artichoke hearts, drained and patted dry
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Cup Marinara Sauce (My recipe is here)
Kosher Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper to taste
1 Tbsp. Chopped Parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet covered with tin foil with cooking spray. (for easy cleanup)
2. Mix the Panko, Italian breadcrumbs and cheese in a bowl.
3. Mix the artichoke hearts (that have been patted dry with paper towels) with olive oil. Toss to coat completely. Sprinkle with salt and pepper
4. Dip the artichoke hearts in the breadcrumb mixture pressing the crumbs so they stick and place on the prepared baking sheet. Spray the breaded artichokes with more cooking spray to help them get golden.
5. Bake until the crumbs are golden brown, about 30 minutes. Turn them over once so they are browned on all sides. Arrange the artichokes on a serving platter with the marinara sauce on the side. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and more grated cheese. If you are serving this as a starter, this will serve 2 – 4 nice size portions. If serving on a buffet or as a passed appetizer, serve with cocktail toothpicks. Enjoy.
NOTE: This is an easy, fast holiday appetizer that is light on the calories and really tasty. Baking at a high temperature helps them get brown and crispy and that extra spray of cooking spray helps too. You can prep these ahead and leave on the baking sheet in your refrigerator until ready to bake.
You can easily use a store bought marinara sauce with this. Rao’s Marinara is still my recommended brand but any that you like would be just fine. These are also good with ranch dressing.
You can use the jarred, marinated artichokes in this recipe with no problems. Just don’t add the oil from this recipe. The marinated artichokes are already packaged in an oil based marinade. I use the plain, canned version since I want a lighter, healthier choice but both work just fine and taste great. Enjoy.