0 hours 5 mins
0 hours 25 mins
0 hours 30 mins
1 Large Zucchini, sliced thin
1 Tbsp. Olive oil plus 1 Tsp. Olive oil
1/2 Tsp. Kosher Salt
1/4 Tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
1/8 Tsp. Onion powder
1/8 Tsp. Garlic powder
Pinch of Calabrian Chili flakes
2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
2 Tbsp. Dry Italian breadcrumbs
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 6-muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. Using a mandolin or a sharp knife, cut the zucchini into very thin slices. Put them into a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, chili flakes, and a tablespoon of the cheese. Toss to coat.
3. Put a stack of zucchini slices into each muffin tin.
4. Mix the breadcrumbs, remaining tablespoon of cheese and teaspoon of olive oil in a small bowl. Sprinkle the tops of each zucchini stack with some of the breadcrumb/cheese mixture.
5. Bake until the zucchini is cooked through and the tops of the breadcrumbs are golden brown. About 20 – 25 minutes. Enjoy!
NOTES: When I’m eating “clean”, I’ll just steam my veggies and if they are fresh, they are delicious. BUT adding seasoning and texture to a simple vegetable like zucchini, just makes them so much better. This is a fast and easy preparation and one everyone loves… even the kids! There is lots of flavor with the addition of olive oil and cheese and the light crunch on top makes these perfect. This recipe makes six stacks of zucchini which is a great side dish for two. Simple double it and use a 12 cup muffin tin to feed four.
I’ll serve these with any kind of poultry or steak. You can play with the cheeses you use too. So use what you have and what you enjoy. If you like these, be sure to check out my other side dish recipes and if you like zucchini, don’t miss all my Zucchini Boat recipes.
Be sure to sign up for my newsletters and get my eCookbook sent right to your mailbox. It includes 25 Healthier Recipes to jump start your Healthier Eating Habits.