0 hours 10 mins
0 hours 15 mins
4 Thick slices of crusty Italian bread
1 Peeled garlic clove, cut in half
Flaky Sea Salt (to finish-optional)
2 Tsp. Fresh Thyme, chopped (garnish- optional)
VEGGIES & APPLE TOPPING
8 Oz. Button mushrooms, sliced
1/2 Leek, cleaned and cut in half and then into half moons (about 1/2 cup)
1 Honey Crisp Apple, grated
1 Tbsp. Butter
1 Tbsp. Patricia and Paul’s Red Apple Balsamic Vinegar
Kosher salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
GOAT CHEESE SPREAD
4 Oz. Goat cheese
1 Tbsp. Patricia and Paul’s Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive oil
1 Garlic clove, finely minced
1/2 Tbsp. Flat leaf parsley, chopped
1/2 Tbsp. Fresh chives, chopped
1/2 Tbsp. Fresh sage, chopped
1/2 Lemon, juiced
Kosher Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1) Make your goat cheese spread. Add all ingredients to a food processor and mix until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Put to the side.
2) In a large skillet, add the butter and let melt. Add the leeks, mushrooms and grated apple and saute for a couple of minutes until the vegetables are soft. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and mix in. Add the tablespoon of the Patricia and Paul’s Red Apple Balsamic Vinegar and let it get absorbed by the veggies and most is evaporated.(about 2 minutes)
3) Grill or toast your bread. Rub with the cut garlic clove.
4) Spread the goat cheese mixture on the toast then top with the vegetable and apple mixture. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and the chopped thyme. Enjoy!
NOTES: This is one tasty appetizer or lunch dish. There is just so much flavor in the dish and that comes from the amazing fresh products and the wonderfully flavored olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sage and apples were meant to be together and in this dish, they are joined by mushrooms, leeks, a ton of fresh herbs and tangy goat cheese It is just delicious.
If you are going to be using this recipe to entertain, here are a few tips to make it easy.
1) Make the goat cheese spread the night before and keep it covered in the fridge until ready to use.
2) Cook the veggie and apple mix the night before and keep in the fridge. Rewarm it on the stove over low heat before topping the bruschetta.
3) The use of the specialty oil and vinegar is key to this dish. The flavors are fabulous and bring the whole dish together. You can purchase them right online in my shop. If you order $100 of product, they also include free shipping.
If you like this recipe, be sure to try the others made with this same flavor combination. My Roasted Chicken Thighs with Sage, Mushrooms, Baby Potatoes & Apples, my Turkey Sausage and Apple Dressing and my Red Apple & Chicken Salad with Nut Clusters.