3 Oz. Bourbon
½ Cup Heavy Cream
1 Heaping Tbsp. pumpkin puree
1 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
½ Tsp. Pumpkin pie spice
Cinnamon dust to garnish
1. In a chilled bowl, whip the heavy cream, maple syrup, pumpkin and spices until thick and creamy.
2. Add 1 ½ ounces of bourbon to each of two coffee mugs. Top with hot coffee.
3. Spoon on the heavy cream and dust with a little cinnamon. Enjoy!
NOTE: OK, this is Thanksgiving in a coffee cup! The thick and flavorful cream on top is everything you could want in a Fall coffee drink. This is delicious.
A couple of tips to get the perfect coffee drink:
- Use a warm glass. Simply add very hot water to the glass of your choice and swirl the liquid around. Dump the water to get out any excess moisture.
- Use good quality, fresh brewed coffee.
- Use a great Bourbon.
- You can use a hand mixer to beat the whipped cream or try my new favorite gadget, this hand held milk frother! This thing is a game changer for fast and easy cappuccinos and lattes in the morning. Today, I’m using it for this adult beverage and it worked great. It is small and can live in a kitchen draw.
- If you decide to use the milk frother, I put everything in a mason jar and blend it up in there. Then, I can just pour it or spoon it on top of the drinks. I can also put the top on it and keep it in the fridge until ready to use…very helpful if I’m making a lot of these for guests!
- One last tip for adding cinnamon on top of your drink. I’m obsessed with these little canisters that are mini sifters for sugar and spices. I keep my confectioners sugar and cinnamon in them. (I use both so often that I keep the shaker filled and in my spice cabinet loaded and ready to go.)
- The last and most important tip, sip and enjoy!