0 hours 5 mins
1 hours 20 mins
1 hours 30 mins
1 Garlic bulb, top cut off
2 Tsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. butter
¼ Cup Half and Half
Kosher Salt & Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place the bulb of garlic on a small piece of tinfoil. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap the garlic in the foil into a little bundle. Put on a baking sheet along with the three potatoes. Cut small slits in the potatoes so steam can escape during baking.
3. Place the baking sheet in the middle of the oven and roast for 60-80 minutes until the potatoes are soft and the garlic is fragrant and soft.
4. Let the potatoes cool a little so you can handle them. Cut them in half and scoop out the potato into a bowl. Squeeze the soft garlic out of their skins right into the potato mixture. Add the butter, half and half and a pinch of salt and pepper.
5. Using a hand mixer, mix the potatoes mixture until light and fluffy. Add more half and half if needed. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed. Pile into a bowl and enjoy!
If you like chunkier potatoes, you can also just use a potato masher and get a completely different texture. The taste isn’t compromised. But, I must say this light, fluffy recipe is close to perfect just as it is written. Give it a try and enjoy.