2 Tbsp. Thai sweet chili sauce
2 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
3 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
½ – 2 Tbsp. Sriracha (depending on how hot you like it)
1 Tbsp. canola oil
1 Tsp. sesame oil
1 ½ Tbsp. unseasoned rice wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. minced garlic (about 4 cloves)
1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
1 lb. 99% fat free ground turkey
1 Tsp. canola oil & Pam cooking spray
8 Scallions thinly sliced. Separate green from white parts.
1 Tbsp. minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
1 Tbsp. minced ginger
½ lb. white button mushrooms, cleaned and finely chopped
½ cup canned water chestnuts finely chopped
1 small red bell pepper finely chopped
¼ – ½ cup of chopped nuts (macadamia and cashews are my favorites but any type will do.
Pam cooking spray
1. MAKE THE SAUCE: in a bowl, mix all the ingredients and put to the side.
2. In a bowl, mix two tablespoons of the sauce into the turkey meat.
3. In a large skilled sprayed with Pam cooking spray heat 1/2 tablespoon of canola oil over medium-high heat. Add the turkey and cook while breaking it up with a spoon until browned. About five minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
4. Add the remaining ½ tablespoon of oil to the skillet then add the scallion whites, garlic and ginger. Stir for one minute.
5. Add the mushrooms and cook for about 3-4 minutes until they soften. Return the chicken to the pan and add the water chestnuts, bell pepper and the rest of the sauce. Cook and stir until cooked through and the liquid has reduced and the sauce has thickened. (About 4 minutes).
6. Stir in the green chopped onion and the chopped nuts. Transfer to a big bowl and serve with lettuce leaves or serve individually on each leave and portion the meal for your guests.