0 hours 5 mins
0 hours 10 mins
0 hours 15 mins
12 Mini brie wheels
1/4 Cup cashews, chopped and toasted
1 1/2 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
1 Tsp. Apple cider vinegar
6 Slices of Prosciutto
1 Tbsp. Chopped chives
Sliced and toasted baguette (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
2. On a baking sheet, place the mini brie wheels and bake for about 5 minutes until really soft.
3. In a small fry pan, cook the prosciutto slices until really crispy. Place on a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Chop into small piece and add to the following mix.
4. Mix the nuts, maple syrup, vinegar and chopped prosciutto in a small bowl.
5. Place the brie bites on a platter and spoon a little of the mixture on each one. Sprinkle the platter with the chopped chives and serve immediately. Serve with toasted baguette slices if desired.
NOTE: This is one of the fastest and easiest appetizer recipes…and oh so good. You can find little bags of mini brie wheels at Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods. I’ve also found individual mini brie rounds at Gelsons. They are so cute and the perfect size for this appetizer.
While they can easily just be picked up and popped in your mouth, I do like to serve them with sliced baguette as an option for guests. Grapes, apples and berries also make good accompaniments to the brie. This works as a starter to a meal or as a passed appetizer or one of many on a buffet. Enjoy.