0 hours 10 mins
0 hours 25 mins
0 hours 35 mins
My Curated Tastes is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
½ bunch asparagus, ends cut and trimmed
1 Tbsp. Olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
4 Oz brie, cut into 4 slices
4 Oz of pate, cut into 4 slices
1 egg, beaten
1 pinch Calabrian chili flakes
Maldon Sea Salt Flakes to finish the dish
Honey Mustard Sauce
2 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. butter
2 Tsp. Dijon mustard
¼ Tsp. dried thyme
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and spray with cooking spray.
2. Toss together the asparagus, olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Roll the pastry sheet out on a floured surface and cut into 4 squares. Place a piece of brie and a piece of pate on each square and then add 6-10 asparagus. Take 2 corners of the pastry and wrap up and over the asparagus to enclose. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Brush each pastry bundle with the egg wash. Put the baking sheet in the oven and bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
4. Meanwhile, melt together the honey, butter, mustard, chili and thyme in a small bowl and microwave for 15 seconds. Stir.
5. Serve the pastries warm and drizzled with the thyme honey mustard sauce. Sprinkle a little of the Maldon finishing salt on top.
NOTES: This makes a great lunch, brunch dish or appetizer. You can prepare these bundles and the sauce and keep in the fridge until ready to bake (This will keep for a couple of hours). Just reheat the sauce in the microwave. I do have friends that don’t eat pork and for them I just omit the pate or find a vegetarian mushroom pate and substitute. Enjoy.