4 – 6 servings
0 hours 5 mins
0 hours 10 mins
0 hours 40 mins
1 ½ Cups unsweetened coconut slices
¼ Cup raw sunflower seeds
¼ Cup pumpkin seeds
1 Tbsp. Chia seeds
¼ Tsp. salt
3 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
4 Tbsp. Swerve sugar
¼ Tsp. Coconut extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Line an 8 x 8 square pan with tin foil using two sheets that go in opposite directions and leave about four inches hanging over all the sides. This will allow you to lift the whole batch out of the pan when done and then wrap up the treats to chill. (See below)
3. Add the coconut, seeds and salt to a medium-size mixing bowl and stir to combine the ingredients. Pour in the melted coconut oil and stir again. Add the coconut extract and stir into the entire mix.
4. Add the swerve by sprinkling over the entire mixture. Stir this into the whole mixture and make sure it is well distributed.
5. Pour the mixture into the baking dish and press down slightly.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the coconut begins to brown. You’ll smell it.
7. Remove from the pan from the oven and use a spatula to press down firmly on the mixture. This will help it cool into a solid piece.
8. Fold over the foil on all sides to create an enclosed package and flip it onto a board. This will redistribute any oil that may have settled on the bottom back throughout the treats.
9. Let the package cool completely at room temperature. (About 10 minutes) Then, put the foil package in the refrigerator to get cold. (About 15 minutes)
10. Remove from the refrigerator, unwrap and break into small pieces. Keep these is a small container in the refrigerator up to two weeks. (Don’t worry, they won’t last that long!)
NOTE: I’ve spent weeks trying different nut, seed, coconut combinations trying to create a healthy snack that my keto obsessed brother would like. He LOVES coconut, so I really upped the coconut in this recipe (Extract, slices and extract). This is an easy snack to pull together if you have the ingredients on hand. They hold up well in the refrigerator but don’t leave them on the kitchen counter where the oil gets wet if not cold.
If you are looking for a satisfying crunch and love coconut, this could be your go to healthy treat.