0 hour 10 mins
0 hour 30 mins
0 hour 40 mins
3 large eggs, separated
¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
2 ounces cream cheese, very soft
1 tablespoon white sugar
FOR PIZZA CLOUD BREAD
1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
2 tbsp. Shredded mozzarella or grated Parmesan
2 tsp. Tomato paste
FOR EVERYTHING BAGEL CLOUD BREAD
1 ½ Tbsp. everything bagel seasoning
CINNAMON CLOUD BREAD
2 Tsp. Cinnamon
ALMOND SCENTED CLOUD BREAD
1/8 Tsp. Almond extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar together in a bowl until stiff peaks form. (A stand mixer is perfect for this but a hand mixer works too.)
3. Mix egg yolks, cream cheese, and sugar together in a separate bowl with a hand-held mixer until mixture is very smooth and has no visible cream cheese. Gently fold egg whites into cream cheese mixture, taking care not to deflate the egg whites.
4. Carefully, scoop mixture onto the prepared baking sheet forming 6 circles (buns).
5. Bake in the preheated oven until cloud bread is lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
NOTE: During the summer of 2020, cloud bread took the Internet by storm! It was whipped up in different colors; tie-dyed, made sweet and made savory. This recipe is a basic, easy version that can be transformed with the addition of different seasonings and cheese. I’ve listed two options below for you to try but don’t let this limit you. “Play with your food” (you have my permission) and try new flavor combos.
Just a couple of extra instructions: Don’t get any yolk in your egg whites to be sure they whip up properly. Be sure your mixing bowl is spotless and scrubbed clean and dry. Bring your eggs and cream cheese to room temperature before whipping. To cut the sugar, I’ve substituted Lakanto monk fruit and it worked out just fine.
For these options, just mix these fillings into the egg yolk mixture before combining with the whipped egg whites.